Help me make this list of cartoon characters for a chance to win!
Hey Fellow Animators,
I’m putting together this list of cartoon characters, just for the heck of it, but I need your participation.
Want to be rewarded for your efforts?
This should be quite the nostalgic trip down memory lane for some of us, so hopefully this is a lot of fun. But, just in case it’s not, I’m going to give away prizes in three categories.
Rewards are for these categories:
- Best post. This will be determined by whose post has the most thumbs ups. Facebook comments are encouraged, but you won’t get thumbs up credit for them. If you’re going for best post, be sure to post in the normal comments section. Just so you know, the all-knowing thumbs keep track of your IP address, so you can only vote once. That means, you need to encourage your friends to come and vote for you. I’ve made it easy. You can bookmark this page on your favorite social networking sites, so they know right where to go.
- Best poster. This will be determined by me. You will undoubtedly think of something after your initial post, and I don’t want you to miss out on the thumbs up, so add it. As I look through the list, if I see your name coming up often with a bunch of good content, I’ll take note of it.
- Best character descriptions. Either determined by myself or fellow posters. It depends on how many people will come back to vote. Post a brief description of each character to help jog our memories. For instance, Shipwreck, from G.I.Joe was an E-7 Chief Petty Officer in the Navy. The Transformer, Sideswipe, was originally a red Lamborghini.
- The most qualityFacebook comment posts, also posted to your wall. Please keep track of your own. In the end, if you believe you’re a winner, you can submit your stats and make it easier on me. Thanks in advance!
- Others. I reserve the right to give away prizes for other things, too, if I choose.
What are the prizes?
There are three cartoon characters and a cartoon school bus with multiple angles in this animation pack (all for Anime Studio 6+), and they are rigged for beginners, so you can get started animating right away. They all have front, side, and rear views, plus many eyelid switch layers and eyebrow switch layers for expression. If you’re one of my AnimationTrainer students and you already have one of my Anime Studio characters and content packs, you still get the bus, and maybe I can find something else worth your while. Personal training by Skype, perhaps? BTW, you can’t give this content away or sell them (whole, or for parts). Basically, I want you to make cartoons with them, and spread those rendered cartoons throughout the world ’till your heart’s content. It’s highly encouraged!
Character list format:
Try to organize your character list by TV show with the characters under it. If someone misses some characters in a show, use the reply button to add to their post (when possible).
Phineas and Ferb:
Candace- the older sister, always trying to bust her brothers
Phineas- the brother who decides what he and Ferb are going to do today
Buford- the bully who’s always picking on Baljeet
You get the picture.
Contest Rules to win free Anime Studio characters:
NO cut and paste! I will run content through a Copyright checker, so don’t do it. You’ll not only be disqualified, IT’S ILLEGAL!
Organize your cartoon character lists by show.
I’m going for fair; not for lawsuit, so in the end, I’ll have the final say in all categories. Just don’t cheat the system. No proxy bots, etc. You know the deal.
The contest will end at the end of November, if I get a good turn out. If not, I may extend it if I choose.
If I should get hit by a bus or die, or something, my wife’s not responsible for getting you your prize. I don’t know if this is legal, but c’mon. I’m dead and she doesn’t do Internet. Have some compassion. 😉
I’m the judge, boss, big cahuna, etc. This one’s just in case I left any Michael Scott loopholes like 10% off with no coupon limit. (Those of you with a good sense of humor know what I’m taking about.)
DON’T FILL OUT THE SPACE THAT SAYS “WEBSITE.” Thanks.
Do you remember the following cartoons?
- The Simpsons
- Popeye (this was my nickname when I was in the Navy)
- The Flintstones
- The Jetsons
Don’t forget the current cartoons:
- List the Cartoon Network characters
- List the Disney cartoon characters
- Don’t forget to list the animals
This brief list should get the pump primed, but you have to do the rest of the work.
Use the RSS button below to subscribe to the comments for this post, if you want to keep up to date on who’s posted what.